Walter Surfox™ Mini Weld Cleaning System
Walter Surfox™ Mini
The ideal unit for field or repair work
The ergonomically designed SURFOX MINI™ comes equipped with a variable power setting that ensures a perfect finish on even the most delicate surfaces. This unit utilizes refillable electrolyte cartridges instead of an integrated tank to reduce the weight and increase portability. Excellent for use on repairs, touch-ups and small jobs. This newly redesigned unit can clean TIG or spot welds on stainless steel and MIG, TIG or spot welds on aluminum. It can also mark stainless steel, aluminum and titanium surfaces with the use of a SURFOX marking kit.
Why is passivation so important?
Stainless steel is naturally able to resist corrosion thanks to a passive chromium oxide layer that forms on its surface. The formation of this protective layer is called passivation. Abrasion or excessive heat (caused by welding) will destroy this protective layer and expose the metal to corrosion. In order to fully restore the corrosion resistance of stainless steel, heat tint and other surface contaminants must be removed. SURFOX is a safe, effective and fast electrochemical cleaning system. The rate of cleaning welds with this system is between 3-5 feet per minute. The SURFOX system combines both the cleaning power of electrical current and the passivation properties of electroyte cleaning solutions. Passivation begins instantly after the SURFOX electrochemical cleaning process is completed. It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours for passivation to be stable and complete.
Features & Benefits:
- Compatible with all SURFOX electrolyte cleaning solutions
- Uses nitric and hydrofluoric acid free SURFOX electrolyte solutions
- Cleaning of a typical TIG at a speed of 5 ft/minute with no scrubbing or mechanical action required
- Instant cleaning of heat tint on welds
- Equipped with a unique cartridge refilling pump, allowing user to easily refill cartridges and save money by buying SURFOX electrolyte solutions in bulk packaging
- Switchable output: AC mode (cleaning & marking) and DC mode (polishing & etching)
- Variable current output knob, allowing the end user to pre-set the desired power level
- Marking on aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium surfaces
The use of SURFOX systems is a recognized method for achieving chemical passivation on Stainless Steel Parts, as defined by the ASTM A967 specification
- Part No: 54-D 055
- Power Input - 120 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 4.0 A
- Power Output - 12-30 V AC/DC, 15A max
- Weight - 8.4 lb
- Dimensions - 12" x 4.5" x 8.86"
What's in the box?
- Narrow tungsten insert 90° - 54-B 038
- Narrow cleaning pad (10 per package) - 54-B 028
- Narrow clamp ring for narrow pad (10 per package) - 54-B 020
- SURFOX MINI brush with plastic cylindrical sleeve (5 per package) - 54-B 117
- Spare brush adaptor for Micro-Wand - 54-B 100
- Cartridge refilling pump for Mini - 54-B 092
Interested in trying this machine out before you buy? contact us at email@example.com to set up a demo with a Walter rep.