HI-LO Welding Gauge
Powerweld HI-LO Welding Gauge
HI-LO Welding Gauge measures internal alignment of pipe after fit-up. Measures internal misalignment of pipe before welding. Measurements read in standard one side, and metric on the opposite side.
Changes from standard to metric, simply remove gauge body, turn scales over and replace body
- Internal misalignment
- Fit-up gap
- Bevel on end preparation
- The crown height of welds
- Fillet weld size
- Scribe line, socket welds
To check internal alignment;
- Unlock the retaining screws. Press the gage legs beyond the barrel.
- Insert the legs ( wires ) into the root gap space of the two pieces of pipe to be fitted. Turn the gauge 90 º, being careful to apply a constant back pressure to the barrel.
- Hold the gauge as square as possible with the fitting to obtain an accurate reading. Lock the retaining screw, Reverse the 90º turn and remove the gauge. You are now ready to read the increment opposite the red line.
- When the red line aligns with the 1/32 increment you have a good internal alignment and fit-up. Misalignment can be determined from the zero line by increment markings of 1/16 inch.
To check rootweld spacing (Fit-up gap);
- Unlock the retaining screw and insert the gauge interior alignment stops between the two pieces of pipe to be fitted.
- Insert the leg with the long taper into the root gap until it makes contact with both sides of the gap.
- Re-lock the retaining screw, remove the gauge and read it.
- The scale is calibrated in fractional dimensions from 1/32 to 3/16 inch in 1/16 inch increment markings. The readout you receive represents the amount of the rootweld gap.
- Part No. WG-1 (WG-06HILO)